Ah-hah, voila, presto! It really is easier than we think to make this day a great page in our best chapter of life.
1. We can start our day with Please. Please let this day be a good one.
2. We can try to be pleasant with everyone. No exceptions.
3. We can go out of our way to do a good deed or be kind to someone today.
4. We can demonstrate gratitude in our lives.
5. We can totally, absolutely, unequivocally reject resentment of any kind (whether we think the resentment is justified or not).
6. We can stop thinking the PLOMS. (That’s Poor Little Old Me!)
7. We can keep away from indulging in our favorite negative behavior–just for today.(See the Wall Street Journal article on the best way to change a relationship.)
8. We can choose not to chill with someone who likes to share misery and stories of “ain’t it awful,” and instead, we can stick with people who search for solutions.
9. We can resist the temptation to criticize or gossip.
10. We can remember why we want to achieve our goals—the how will take care of itself.
11. We can end our day with Thanks!